All Around the Camp - The Family of John Herring
Compiled by Linda Hunt Hamlett. Personal
use of this information is permitted. Absolutely no commercial use may be
made of this information without the express permission of Linda Hunt Hamlett.
The Family of John Herring
John Herring was born on September 24, 1845. Before his death on
September 26, 1920, he married four times. His first wife was was Hannah
Spillers. They were the parents of one son.
After Hannah's death, John married Louisa Henry Denton. To them were
born nine children. Louisa was born on July 7, 1859.
- George Herring was born on August 3, 1869. He was married to Minnie
Sides and had three children, Earl, Urcy, and Hazel.
- Pearlie Herring was born on January 19, 1881. She was married to G.M.
Sides who was born on November 9, 1875. He died on February 26, 1946.
Pearlie lived until May 12, 1963. They were the parents of four children.
- Ira E. Sides was born in 1902. He and Martha Mathis were
married on June 4, 1949. She died on March 16, 1980.
- Living (M) Sides (twin) was born in 1906.
- Living (M) Sides (twin) was born in 1906.
- Aldridge Sides was born in 1919. He died on January 26, 1946.
- Herbert Herring married Ollie Carrouth on November 6, 1911. She was
born February 26, 1894. Died April 27, 1961.
- Living (M) Herring was born in August. He married Living (F)
Rogers. They had one daughter.
- Living (F) Herring married Living (M) Madden. They
were the parents of one son.
- Floyd Odell Herring was born on September 14, 1917. He died on April
14, 1966. He was married to Living (F) Ashey. They had no
- Herstel H. Herring was born on November 9, 1925. He married Living
(F) Woodard. They have one daughter.
- Bevie Herring married Arch Carrouth on November 12, 1911.
They had nine children.
- Living (F) Carrouth born on September 26, 1922. She married
Living (M) Gentry on March 26, 1930.
- Reba Carrouth was born on February 11, 1914. She married
Orvill Kimbrough. They had two sons.
- Living (M) Kimbrough was born in 1934 on November
- The other son was born and died the same day.
- John Carrouth was born December 6, 1915, and died 1918.
- Harold Carrouth was born October 5, 1917. He married
Living (F) Logan on September 2, 1939. They have three
- Living (M) Carrouth born January 23, 1947.
- Living (M) Carrouth was born January 27, 1955.
- Living (F) Carrouth was born on December 6, 1961.
- Barbara Carrouth was born on April 17, 1921. She married
Living (M) Ray; they are the parents of two children.
- Living (F) Ray was born January 10, 1942. She
married Living (M) Bess and they have three
- Living (F) Ray was born on October 11, 1943. She
married Living (M) McConnell. They have one son.
- Living (F) Carrouth was born on June 22, 1923. She married
Luther Riddle. They were the parents of two children.
- Living (M) Riddle born February 8, 1946, married
Living (F) Nail. They have one son.
- Living (F) Riddle was born January 7, 1947. She
married Living (M) Fowler. They have two
- Living (M) Carrouth was born December 11, 1934. He married
Living (F) Ebers. They have two children.
- Living (F) Carrouth was born November 4, 1958.
- Living (M) Carrouth was born February 4, 1966.
- Wendell was born on October 1, 1926.
- Son born and died on April 6, 1930.
- Luther Herring was born on January 4, 1879, and died June 4, 1942.
He married Birdie McDaniels. They were the parents of six
- Amon was born December 31, 1905. He married Living (F)
- David born March 25, 1908, and died July 23, 1911.
- Herbert was born on January 25, 1910. He married Living (F)
- Paul was born October 7, 1914. He married Living (F)
- Alvin was born June 4, 1923, was killed in action July 7,
- Living (F) Herring was born August 11, 1919.
- Mollie Herring married Ernest Buckman. They were the parents
of one daughter. She married Living (M) McCluskey. They had seven
- Perry Herring was born December 31, 1887, and died in the hospital
from an appendicitis operation.
- Sarah Herring was born October 1877, and died October 20, 1880.
- William Herring was born September 1878, died October 20, 1880.
- Gerthy was born and died in 1881.
Wear a smile for me on that day,
For once, why not do as I say.
Of course, if you feel like it, shed a few tears,
But don't grieve for me on through the years.
Just a beautiful song, a lovely prayer,
Some encouraging words for family and friends that will be there.
A beautiful yellow rose upon my breast,
That's my favorite, the one I always liked the best.
It will be a lovely day, come rain or shine,
It's the day I've been waiting for -
It's all mine.
Opal Ball Powers
Copyright © 2005: by Linda Hunt Hamlett
All materials, images, and data contained herein are not to be copied or
downloaded for purposes of duplication, distribution, or publishing without the
express written permission of the owner.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
[ Yell County Home Page ] [ Submit a Yell County Query ]
[ View Yell County Queries ] [ Yell County Surnames ] [ Yell
County Cemeteries ]
[ Search the Yell County Site ] [ Arkansas Connections ]
Karen Groce / email@example.com
Last updated 09 Apr 2010